Our travel program is designed for our most competitive basketball players. Interested players must tryout for the travel program. The following teams are offered:
5th Grade Boys
6th Grade Boys
7th Grade Boys
8th Grade Boys
5th/6th Grade Girls
7th/8th Grade Girls
Tryouts are held in mid-October (the schedule will be posted on the website when it becomes available). Teams begin regular practices shortly after tryouts are completed and teams are formed.
Travel teams practice 1-2 times each week at Regina Coeli and/or one of the Hyde Park Schools.
League games are held at parishes in Dutchess County, although occasional games may be scheduled against Ulster County parishes. Home games are held at Regina Coeli, typically on Saturdays. Away games vary, but are usually also held on Saturdays.
The regular season begins in December and concludes at the end of February. If the team is one of the top three teams in the county, it moves on to the Dutchess County playoffs in March. If the team wins the county championship, it will advance to the Archdiocesean playoffs later in March.
In addition to regular season games, Regina Coeli CYO will attempt to enroll travel teams in 1-2 tournaments. Tournaments may be scheduled during the preseason, regular season, and/or shortly after the conclusion of the regular season.
To be eligible to participte in the travel program, players must:
NOTE: Per CYO NY rules, teams can have no more than 3 non-Catholic players on the roster. Any team that exceeds this limit is not eligible for playoffs. Players who have not previously played on a Regina Coeli travel team should provide a copy of their baptismal certificate at tryouts. Players who do not provide a baptismal certificate and those who are not Catholic are eligible to compete for up to three roster spots.
Questions about eligibility can be directed to the Regina Coeli CYO director.
Players interested in joining a travel team should do the following:
- Register for an intramural team.
- Attend the tryout for his/her grade. Tryouts are held in mid-October. The tryout schedule will be posted on the website when it becomes available.
- If the player is offered an invitation to join the travel team, the parent will be sent an invoice to pay the additional travel team fee. When the travel team fee is paid, the player is considered part of the travel team.
- If the player is not offered an invitation to join the travel team, he/she will be placed on an intramural team.
- No intramural program exists for girls in 7th/8th grade. The CYO director will contact the parents to discuss options for these players.
Players who are invited to join the travel team and pay the travel fee will receive a custom reversible uniform.